Wings & Wheels in Hammondsport is an annual event that is a tribute to the Finger Lake’s history of flight. Enjoy seeing seaplanes take off and land, classic and sports cars, and food concessions at one of Upstate New York’s best and largest land and sea festivals.
When you’re ready to start planning your trip, request our free Hammondsport Destination Guide. This planning tool contains travel tips for your Finger Lakes getaway, including more places to sip, savor, and more in the area!
Your Guide to Wings & Wheels in Hammondsport, NY
What to See at Wings & Wheels
The Glenn H. Curtiss Museum works hard to make sure that your experience at Wings & Wheels is filled with history and fun. A few of the great things you will see and experience are:
- A wide variety of seaplanes
- Rows and rows of classic/vintage and exotic cars
- Food concessions, restaurants, and shops
- Seaplane contests such as: take off, landing, and “bomb dropping”
- Fire Boat Demonstration
- Seaplane Salute to Glenn H. Curtiss
- Car Show Awards presented by category based on participant voting
Admission and Start Times for Wings & Wheels
Wings and Wheels is an admission free event! The event is an one day affair that starts at 10am and goes until 4pm. At 6pm there is an event banquet dinner (registration is required and typically reaches capacity before the event starts) where you can meet the pilots, tour the Curtiss Museum after hours and enjoy a silent auction with interesting can compelling items, the sale of which all benefits the museum.
Visit Other Historical Sites in Hammondsport
- Glenn H. Curtiss Museum – The main sponsor of Wings and Wheels, the Curtiss Museum is a half mile south of downtown Hammondsport. Dedicated to its namesake, the museum is a collection of early aviation, motorcycle and Finger Lakes history.
- Finger Lakes Boating Museum – If you enjoy getting out on the water, the Finger Lakes Boating Museum is a great place to visit. Learn about the history of boats on Keuka Lake dating back to the time of the Native Americans, and take a tour of Keuka Lake on the Pat II.
- Rockwell Museum – Just a short drive from Hammondsport, the Rockwell showcases art projects exploring uniquely American art. The Rockwell is an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institute and has a range of exhibits that can suite the whole family.
Where to Stay for Wings & Wheels
If you are looking for the perfect place to kick back and relax after a day watching the planes and cars, The Hammondsport Hotel is calling!
Our hotel in the small town of Hammondsport, NY, offers comfortable accommodations, including Standard 2 Queen Rooms, 2 Queen Suites, Standard King Rooms, King Suites, and accessible accommodations. During your stay, enjoy our complimentary hotel amenities like a heated indoor pool, guest laundry, a 24-hour exercise facility, and more.
Check our availability to start planning your foodie getaway to the Finger Lakes!